MAN Utd

highlandsflyer":3geh9c7n said:
Shame about City's implosion. Great manager, thrown away like a used tissue.

I'd love to be 'used' to the tune of £28M!
What a way to run a football club :LOL:

highlandsflyer":1mt020ad said:

A slight bit of Eriksson-era deja vu, although admittedly that was under different ownership. If City aren't careful they'll be back to the "hire 'em & fire 'em" days of Peter Swales, and end up with a Chelsea-esque reputation for chopping and changing bosses.

David

David B":1ewlkz6x said:
highlandsflyer":1ewlkz6x said:

A slight bit of Eriksson-era deja vu, although admittedly that was under different ownership. If City aren't careful they'll be back to the "hire 'em & fire 'em" days of Peter Swales, and end up with a Chelsea-esque reputation for chopping and changing bosses.

David

I think the present owners have more class than letting things sink that low David, the gaffer sent for Bob in Feb..he refused the appointment..bit of an insult apparently in thier lingo.. given the wages thier paying.

It's worth remembering the chelsea owner launched AVB to much groanin...then picked up the European Cup (same season)...in a results game.. that's a bit of one.

not sure about implosion Flyer, Fergie was chatting all kinds of transfers to be brought in a couple of month back, then his new gaffer announced the team don't need (and wont be) building-on with winning the league by so many points..next news whiskey nose is on the out, they say lifes all about timing ;)

Sacked after three years or pushed out when the time was right. Hmmmm. Wonder which I would be happier with!

I prefer the version of events as told by Fergie, that he decided this at Christmas. That explains why he was still talking about plans even up to the day he announced he was off. There is more to think about than the wagging tongues. Share prices and stability, and the quickest of hand-overs to Moyes were no doubt key considerations.

Whatever happened or happens, he is a legend and always will be venerated as one of the greats throughout the world, beyond football as well as within.

I think City have shown little class in the handling of their last few managers.

No doubting they are a ruthless business force just as every top level club nowadays. Cutting their own throats is hardly wisdom though. Mancini was incredibly good for the club.

Let us hope they give the next a longer piece of rope.

I feel they should have gone for a British manager. Someone down to earth.

As for Ferguson; he will gently pull the strings for the next two or three years I am sure, and Moyes will wisely seek his counsel

The Mancini sacking was inevitable, he didn't capitalise on last season and failed in Europe in both competitions. The only reason to complain was the signings made in the summer seemed to be over his head and most failed. Rumour in the press has it that if Pellegrini doesn't become available Benitez will get the nod after the decent job he did at Chelsea.

That's a paragraph of nothingness flyer (^)...It is'nt even an opinion that Whiskey-nose never decided to out when Scum had dough....just when his gaffer went over the top of him and announced no spending.

'No doubting they are a ruthless business force just as every top level club nowadays. Cutting their own throats is hardly wisdom though. Mancini was incredibly good for the club'

But not good enough to hold a station at the etihad when he decides to wash his linen and berate players in public....does seem to be another fact.

highlandsflyer":w77y61lg said:
You are desperate to see Benitez in Manchester!

Am i that transparent :oops: It was talked about on 5Live around lunchtime - Honest! I think he's unfairly treated by the media, he's done amazing things at Chelsea considering the obstacles put in his way.

Back