1990 YETI F.R.O.

Looking good Ben, I have an all black build in the pipeline, very moody! :twisted:

Vinevo":1xvmq2ny said:
Looking good Ben, I have an all black build in the pipeline, very moody! :twisted:

Thanks pal, much appreciated! I've always loved the black XT, and it just so happened that the NOS all black chainset and black hubbed wheels were available at the same time! They're not exactly common these days!

Any teasers on what you're building?

Yeah no secret really, gloss black 90 Attitude in medium, rigid box forks, NOS black XT arms with VG black rings, black XT hubs with dark NOS Araya RM20 rims and black spokes, Flite with black vanadium rails, etc., think your getting the pic!

So the Turbo 'Special' has arrived and is very lovely, I should have a chance to fit it this evening. Thanks to member dnbmatt28 I have purchased a NOS black SG inner chainring to complete the NOS black XT chainset, thanks mate! This is coming from the US and hopefully wont take too long!

Only pedals to go and we're done for now!! Time for a spec. list update!

Frame: 1990 YETI F.R.O. Large

Fork: Answer Manitou 1 or Answer ACCU-TRAX

Headset: Shimano Deore XT M737 1 1/4"
Stem: Syncros Cattleprod (Looking for a suitable ATAC!)
Handlebar: Syncros Heat Treated (Possibly looking for a suitable Hyperlite)
Grips: ODI Tomac Attak - Black
Brakes: Shimano Deore XT M732 - Black with Venhill Ti bolts
Brake Pads: Real Designs Cartridge
Brake Cables: Shimano SLR 2mm (NOS)
Cantilever cable hangers: XT M730 (NOS)
Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT M732 (NOS)
Shifters: Shimano Deore XT M732 Thumbshifters (NOS)
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT M732 (NOS)
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT M732 with Venhill Ti Pivot Bolt and Black Bullseye Sealed Jockey Wheels (NOS)
Derailleur Cables: Shimano SIS (NOS)
Cassette: Shimano HG70 (NOS)
Chain: Shimano HG70 (NOS)
Cranks: Shimano Deore XT M730 - Black (NOS)
Chainrings: Shimano SG - Black (NOS)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore XT M730 (NOS)
Pedals: Not yet sourced
Hub Skewers: Ringle Ti-Stix
Rims: Sun Chinook
Hubs: Shimano Deore XT M732 - Black
Spokes: Double Butted
Tyres: Tioga Wonder Dawg
Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo Special
Seatpost: Shimano Deore XT M730 (NOS)
Seatpost Binder: Ringle Holey

The NOS inner ring showed up from the US and I've fitted the Turbo 'Special' saddle..... Decent pics with my proper camera as soon as I get home from work with some daylight left, but for now......

*Temporary XT M735 pedals as I've not found any suitable M730/2 yet!

kingroon":1xjzzhjd said:
Pure Class :cool:

Thanks mate, it seems you and I have very similar taste in bicycles..... We are both in the process of building both a YETI F.R.O. and a '91 GT Team Avalanche! :cool:

Back