Show us what you did today, thread

Day off - Haro Mary, masking tape and a rattlecan of Ford Ivory White...

2010-01%2520Haro%2520Mary.jpg

Did the seatpost first, a bit shonky but the frame came out a wee bit better - Passes the 10 foot test, but good enough and I can get on with building the bloody thing!

I kind of wish I'd done the stem instead of the seat post Gazz, but it's a Salsa and it just seemed wrong. Would have looked better though.

No plans to do decals, although that might change if it doesn't look quite right once its built up.

some personalised decals in the velo stylee would look great but your right best wait to see the whole before fecking it up with decals, have you missed mary and her big hoops?

Definitely missed the big wheels Gazz, probably best bike I've owned. Having said that, really enjoying the Stumpy since I built it up, and haven't really ridden anything else since... Even enjoying singlespeeding again :shock:

yeah the spesh m2 I had rode really well albeit it was a bit small for me so got rid of it- love the big wheels too but my knees would wait until I drifted off to sleep and murder me in my bed if I went back to single speed, I've gone all "girly" as wiggo would say.

Haro looks nice ZZ

farting about on gumtree, I stumbled upon something.. ended up buying some middleburns for £50

DSCN0855[1] by gmac123, on Flickr

with a few parts attached

DSCN0856[1] by gmac123, on Flickr

hope rear hub/s, 217 rims (the front hub is carbon with the two skewer holes, recall but can't remember - Pace? can't see any markings)
XT groupset, although the rear mech is missing the limit pin on the cage.. so the spring might be knackered?
titec bars (round the wrong way, wtf) titec seat post (too small a diameter, wtf)
syncros stem (rattle can silver, wtf)

proflex frame, powder coated red, bit of play in the swing arm, no obvious cracks, but detailled inspection pending. strata shock with a primitive thumb shifter lock out.

and a rattle canned front shocks? anyone?

DSCN0857[1] by gmac123, on Flickr

so purchased for parts, but always had a curiosity for proflex frames... can feel a winter project coming on.. any experience in macretro land?

Back