'shopping stress'

gavinda

Senior Retro Guru
does anyone get this?

i often have the issue whereby i have no spare 'silly' money, but can see lots of things to buy, yet when i get the cash, I can't bare to part with it. often to my disadvantage.

example yesterday i chopped up a brooks b17 and saw a lovely thomson layback on chainreaction which would have gone very nicely for it at a bargain £33. i ummed and ahhed about it and decided to sleep on it. today i thought f it I'll nab one, log on to CR and its now up to £54, still a good price but a bit much for a random purchase.

yep, all the time. I bought a custom cruiser frame from germany for 250 euros and I was panicking for ages abough spending so much money. then the realisation kicks in that its not so bad, I am still eating and my family still have a home but yes I know exactly how you feel its horrible.

that's exactly it. we are by no means badly off and my 'bike' money is free money (commission) that doesn't even see the bank account, yet I still can't bare to waste unnecessarily.

and it only gets worse because as you save the spare money you accumulate a fair chink and then cant justify spending it all on youself, Im saving for a van but the more I save the more I look around the house and think it could be put to better use. but I need a van, but I feel guilty. wtf.

gavinda":7lpqmgbp said:
lol, the burden of being sensible.

lesser folks would just whack it on the never never.
I know that thought! Spent 5 years getting myself out of trouble from overuse of the never never! Never again.

i get shopping stress where i am in a supermarket surrounded by people and I just cant do it anymore. If i am with my wife i have to leave her to it, if i am on my own i just pay for whatever i have in the trolley at the time.

Pity the beer isles are always the furthest away

When it comes to supermarket shopping we now do it online because we are less tempted to buy spontaneously on things we just fancy but don't need, it's reduced our grocery bill a bit. I would be incapable of paying rent each month if I didn't have a hubby with full control of our finances, to whom I have to make requests every time I want something, it keeps me in check :D

We had a bit of debt once and it is so lovely now not to owe anyone a penny.

Alison

Alison- on that note of self control, we fond we saved about £200 a month by taking my debit card away! I now have pocket money and take packed lunch to work.

Back