Diamondback identification

DannyB

Dirt Disciple
I know its not high end or anything but purely out of interest i'm trying to find out the make of this Diamondback its fitted with 100GS brakes and rear mech. Being orange and white i thought i would be able to i.d it easily but google images is not helping.

If its a DB and based on dropouts and spec I'd say its an Outlook which is bottom rung but that doesn't make it a bad bike ;)

That looks like a 1991 Traverse. It was the base model in the DB range that year IIRC (don't think they did the Curaca that year) and not to be confused with the Saracen model with the same name.

Yep, Traverse, one down from the 200gs equipped Sorrento. IIRC main frame tube only were cro-mo, and and not sure if they were butted.

A bit of a boat anchor, but a comfortable and pleasant ride if you don't mind the lard. A good urban assault vehicle with guards and road tyres.

Plan was to use the frame and swap a few hybrid bits over to, Forgot the 700c wheels i have will be different hub spacing though so will hold onto it, Im sure it will come in use for something later.

Back