Marin Muirwoods

trail_head

Retro Guru
Last week one of my clients asked me to remove all the old bikes from his garage. He collects cars and hadn't touched a bicycle in a very long time. I found this in the garage when I arrived to pick up the bikes. Unfortunately the key wasn't in it ;)

I loaded up all 7 bikes and took them home for servicing and donation to one of my favorite charities.
7 bikes in my VW estate;

In the middle of the pile I found this; I think I'll keep it! Yes,I did notice the loose bolt!

wow! very clean 1989 muirwoods, pretty rare too.

That whole "come clear out this stuff from my garage" would be like going on holiday for me, aladins' sort of thing.

Have you noticed the missing crank bolt too? :) or are they caps?

Always nice to see a nice ol Marin I need your job so people ask me to come clean out their old bikes!

marc two tone":3ipu9c4e said:

That whole "come clear out this stuff from my garage" would be like going on holiday for me, aladins' sort of thing.

Are you certain about it being a 1989? I thought it was a 1990 based on the rear brake being canti.

one of the crank caps was missing so I put a couple chrome caps on it.

trail_head":1jgzmen7 said:
marc two tone":1jgzmen7 said:

Are you certain about it being a 1989? I thought it was a 1990 based on the rear brake being canti.

one of the crank caps was missing so I put a couple chrome caps on it.

I think '89 had cantis...also by 1990 think it came with 200gs groupset with STI levers and had lost the biopace rings...decals also look '89...

Pretty sure Exage Country (and Exage Mountain and Trail) components were 1989 only. I wish I had clients with garages full of old bikes like that. Although I know there is a 91 Zolatone Palisades Trail in my mother-in-law's garage back in the UK.

Back