Dambuster's Raid Ride - 26th May 2013.

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
Our second Dambuster's Raid Ride takes place on the 26th, meet at the Dambuster's Memorial, Woodhall Spa at 10.30.

Road ride around quiet Lincolnshire lanes, see sights associated with 617 Squadron (including 617 Squadron Officer's Mess), and Bomber Command - Lincolnshire is Bomber County.

2013 (May) is the 70th Anniversary of the raid - if you didn't already know that.

Guest's welcome but please advise in advance if you wish to join this superb ride (about 25 miles), a sociable ride not a race or club run - although it is a club ride!

Cheers, Jon (aka Roadking).

This sounds fantastic and I'm in 1000% pending more details. Postcode etc would be good.

Come on everyone, this will be a great ride with some amazing history thrown in, right up my street.

Trebz":amfc104h said:
This sounds fantastic and I'm in 1000% pending more details. Postcode etc would be good.

Come on everyone, this will be a great ride with some amazing history thrown in, right up my street.

Hi Trebz.

Best I can do is that the meeting point (the memorial is a replica dam) is the roundabout where the B1191 and B1192 meet (High Street in Woodhall Spa).

Plenty of parking, Jubilee Gardens etc, or your choice.

Roadking.

cant make this, doing a 50 mile sponsored ride for prostate cancer same day, have fun.

Come you Lincolnshire (and nearby) based RetroBiking roadies get over to Woodhall Spa next Sunday for a good, if not great, ride.

Are there any out there?

Roadking.

Anyone that wants a nice road ride, it's lovely to ride around there and I bet would be great to here the history.

Unfortunately it coincides with halfterm starting up here :(

I'm hoping to be riding a Retro MTB with 1.5" semi slicks fitted, is this ok?

Is this a 'Road Bike Only' ride or is it up for all comers?

Trebz":1szde3yu said:
I'm hoping to be riding a Retro MTB with 1.5" semi slicks fitted, is this ok?

Is this a 'Road Bike Only' ride or is it up for all comers?

A retro MTB is fine buddy.

Roadking.

Back