Passport about to run out....

lumos2000":358lc6yw said:
I don't have a driving licence, never needed one.

^^^^
+1 to this. I've always been fortunate to live in places with decent public transport and/or near enough to my workplace to walk or cycle it.

Most people I know had their lessons and took their test when they were in their late teens and had the whole lot bankrolled by their parents; my folks weren't well off enough to be able to do that.

David

David B":ij74qlrx said:
lumos2000":ij74qlrx said:
I don't have a driving licence, never needed one.

^^^^
+1 to this. I've always been fortunate to live in places with decent public transport and/or near enough to my workplace to walk or cycle it.

Most people I know had their lessons and took their test when they were in their late teens and had the whole lot bankrolled by their parents; my folks weren't well off enough to be able to do that.

David

my dad still owes me 10 driving lessons from my 18th birthday, I never took them. my wife just bought me 4 driving lessons on groupon and I still don't want them.

I have family all over the place, I couldn't be without a passport. Driving license is essential too, even if I chose not to drive on a daily basis.

Events have overtaken my original post anyway - I've an interview at Durham University a week on Thursday. :)
P60, NI Card and birth certificate will be more than sufficient for their needs according to the info I was sent through with the invitation.

David

Isaac_AG":jy3eul6z said:
Sorry, but how does anyone at your age still not have a driving licence? I thought I was late at 26, although I admire you not getting swept up into the car lark, it is very useful to have a full licence.

Alison
Presumably he doesn't have one for the same reasons that you don't have a passport?

Back