And today I did......

Hawmaw":2zg8g68m said:
Its about 18 months since I was last there and what a disappointment ! I used to enjoy the climb up through the trees after the wee bridge near the start. It was quite natural feeling single track but they've cut channels down each side of the trail which has been re-laid with flinty hardcore . And all the trees have been butchered either side of the trail leaving it open to the elements and feeling exposed. This abuse has continued all round the trails , many of which , in my opinion, have been ruined. It has been turned into a typical trail centre type trail. (Yes I know it is a trail centre but it lost whatever individuality it had.) There are numerous yumps and bumps added for pump track style action. There's even some at the top of a climb!
Aye, it's a bit of a mixed bag now Andy, although I was never all that convinced by CV to begin with. Never liked the initial climb :), and they shouldn't have filled in Kelpies Staircase although I quite like what they've done with the rest of Eas Dubh - it flows better but feels less natural now. The Runway at the end hasn't changed much, and is a good laugh if you like the yumpy, jumpy, bermy pump track action.

It's only 20 minutes away from me in the car, but I'd rather drive over to Fife... Another missed opportunity, CV could have been so much more.

I started to clear the garage out by putting the children's fleet of outgrown bikes on Gumtree. Anyone looking for Childs bikes please let me know.

Had a nice wee chilled ride round Blairadam with Shed & OCP aka (grumpy auld basa) :mrgreen: this evening, 7.00'ish till 9.30'ish and the first proper appearance of Mr Midge this year, wee feckers :evil: Ive got the bites to prove it.

RobMac":26egygw7 said:
Had a nice wee chilled ride round Blairadam with Shed & OCP aka (grumpy auld basa) :mrgreen: this evening, 7.00'ish till 9.30'ish and the first proper appearance of Mr Midge this year, wee feckers :evil: Ive got the bites to prove it.

Haud oan a minute, there's banter and there's abuse, OCP aka grumpy auld bassa, think you'll find the correct terminology is OCP aka Old Crabbit Person. :LOL:

Twas a guid wee hurl on the bikes, thanks to you both for waiting for me on the uphills.
Got my fish supper in Kelty, sat doon at 9.55pm to watch the Tour Series from Durham but couldn't get up aff ma arse until 00.25am, I was cream crackered. :roll:

Back