FS/SWAP: Schwinn Rocket 88 frame (2000)

j3aay

Retro Guru
As per title, a cracking 2000 model Schwinn Rocket frame. A suspension design much ahead of its time it rides great. It is well used but in good general condition. I was being ridden until a few weeks ago.

The frame has a RS Delux coil shock and 600lb spring fitted to give 3.5'' travel. The shock rebounds nicely and the adjustment works.

The frame has marks/rubs but not cracks or dents. I will supply lots of pictures so you can make up your own mind.

The bearings are all ok except for the usual Concentric bottom bracket pivot bushes. You can buy the complete set of links from http://www.paulscycles.co.uk for £30. I personally would measure the bushes and get some online for pennies.

I fancy a hardtail now that's all.
I will swap for a M or L Hardtail (steel would be nice) or sell for £55 posted.
Own a classic!
jaymclaren85@hotmail.co.uk

Chainstay Hayes mount brake, so to run normal brake mounts you need a £15 IS converter bracket from SJS Cycles. I have used the same adaptor on an old Gary a fisher and it works and looks great.

More pics coming soon...

Cheers

Hi, the size is 19.5" or 'large' in Schwinn sizing. It would be best if you arranged postage but £25 would cover it. If it was extra I'd cover the extra.

Many thanks

Back