The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

Just a quick reminder of a couple of rides taking place this month, both regular tried and tested well attended routes

:: Sunday 21st April
Kaya's Kildale cake run ~ Organised by NE, N & W Yorks Area group
A nice ride to the cake shop, taking in some of the best trails/vistas and cake in the area.
Announcement

:: Sunday 28th April
Rd 2: Long Mynd ~ Organised by East and West Midlands Area Groups
Spectacular scenery and a brilliant route on the Welsh borders.
Announcement

all damaged here,2 crashes yesterday,1st one not too bad bad,2nd one and my elbow and knee got it big time,my knee is still hurting now,no bike riding for a while for me. :cry: :cry:

There has been talk of Jacobs Ladder?

Anyone fancy that one, on hols for a bit so plenty of time to get something in the diary

Ladder's always good for me - shall we begin the 'which way round?' argument now or wait a while? ;) :twisted:

Be nice to do it in the dry...

elPedro666":1sk9klcm said:
...and get well soon Rob, sounds nasty!
cheers Pete,still bloody hurts,almost had the day off sick today,but thought i`d best not,need the money to buy more bikes. :LOL: :LOL:

HarryCrumb":3qncryj4 said:
There has been talk of Jacobs Ladder?

Anyone fancy that one, on hols for a bit so plenty of time to get something in the diary

I'd be up for that Martin. Hopefully back home later this week for a while.

Headed Peakwards in the morning, don't think there's any need to recce the ladder as it's well rolled rock, but is there anywhere else it'd be handy to take a look at?

Loose plan at the moment is to make a loop consisting of the evil collapsed road climb, Rushup Edge, climb past the quarry and do the Peak Nat climb as a descent. Not quite sure how it'll link up yet, just about to get the map out!

Might add in the descent from Mam Tor to Edale and back up ( :( ) Chapel Gate (/Style?) if I'm feeling frisky.

All suggestions welcome! :cool:

Back