1980's Kunker (kind of)

Yeah, the bars, stem,grips and levers are the coolest part! Love this geometry too, it's so comfortable than the racey '90's style- it feels like modern geometry if I'm honest, just wish it would stop like a modern bike :LOL:

I pass one of these in nice condition under cover in a bike shed on my way into work every day. It hasn't moved in a year.... Always think it looks cool.

Just found these too :cool: . Think I may just run a back brake

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 316
My friend has a modernish (05ish) Raleigh that were trying to play about with this style.

It's great fun, going to fit my huge but worn maxxis tyres, has a rear brake only but may be having front suspension soon as he's winging, although this will just slacken the head angle more :D then it's having wider bars on.

Bet this one is even more fun :cool:

Always meant to ask, did you get thon Transition Klunk?

kaiser":r2q4adu0 said:
Always meant to ask, did you get thon Transition Klunk?

Sadly not, the week before it was due I got made redundant and decided it had to give - interestingly though a member on here got my reserved bike!

Still want one though, muchio funo

As a professional racer, a lightweight bike is the most important thing for me, so to reduce the weight of this xc racing machine I have removed anything that isn't needed. So first off, the decals and head tube badge has gone, so I reckon that's 10 gms I've saved already and I must say you can really notice the difference. Secondly I've taken the gears off coz you would be mad to want them. Also the front brake was pretty useless, so that's gone in the bin too. Just need to find away of stopping this machine and i'll be happy :LOL:

Here's a progress picture of this Xc racing machine.

Still think the Five is lighter!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 190
Remind me of the sort of thing we'd build as kids but we'd have thinner wheels. Nice.

Back