Help! Stuck seatpost and stem

alin90xxl

Dirt Disciple
Hello, recently got an Bear Valley Se from 93, and it has both seatpost and stem stuck. If needed i can upload pictures. Any tips and tricks are welcome, Cheers!

With the stem (I'm assuming it's a wedge type here) - if the bold unscrews enough to clear the stem itself you could try giving it a whack with a soft faced hammer to loosen it then, with the wheel fixed in, grab the bars and twist - if it still won't come out then take the bolt all the way out and try again (wedge might be rusted in).

There's a thread somewhere on these boards that covers getting the wedge out.

As for the seatpin, you may have some success by clamping the pin in a vice and using the frame for leverage to get the pin twisting to work it out of the seat tube.

Lots of GT85/WD40/3-in-1 will help too.

If the above doesn't work then more extreme measures may be required!

Forgot to mention, at the stem the bolt is completeley undone and the nut or how it's called it's loose, but it won't move at all, tried with wood and hammer also. It's exactly like the one in the picture: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3402/3658 ... 6129_z.jpg

Also, with the seatpost, it looks like the catalogue one, but when i run my fingers along the seat tube i can feel a slight growing in diameter towords the top.

Latest posts

Back