Raleigh competition '83

Weinmann hoods for non-aero levers - check Ebay or post in the Wanted Section here. These might prove difficult to find - it seems all hoods are hard to get so it might be easier and cheaper to buy new levers and hoods - the choice is yours ... (<< that is off a tv programme but which one?)

Richard

Good morning,

I cannot say for definite the ad says
"The Cane Creek hoods will also fit Modolo, Dia-Compe, some old Shimano, Weimann & Mafac levers. If you are unsure, measure the circumference of your main lever body. If it measures 9.5cm - 11.5cm these will fit. This style is where the cable comes out the top of the brake lever, not the back. I lso have brown available."

Note is says 'some' Weinmann levers - perhaps someone else could confirm.

Richard

When I apply my front brake, my fork "flexes" is this play in the headset or just the fork. How could I check?
Cheers.

Try this - bike stationary, apply front brake and rock the bike back and forward. If it is the headset you should see movement and feel it as you rock. That is what i do - perhaps others may have better advice.

Richard

That's what I thought, no wobble there. It's the first time I've had a bike this old (I'm only 24) so I don't know what to expect but when I apply the brakes they move a good 2cm.

Not really. I'll go out after work tomorrow and see what I can spot when I'm not rushing home ( I don't feel comftable ridding it the 10miles each way again until it's sorted).

It may be flex in the forks but it seems excessive to me. There will be movement in the caliper arms - mine move a little but again not to this extent - perhaps a combination of both.

Anyone else care to assist?

Richard

Back