1993 Yeti A.R.C-A.S.

Nice!

serial #?

Edit - second look begs the question- with all you have sunk into that thing, you couldn't have splurged for an XT rear derailleur? Oh, and getting air into that shock is real fun.

ameybrook":2sewkgl6 said:
Nice!

serial #?

Edit - second look begs the question- with all you have sunk into that thing, you couldn't have splurged for an XT rear derailleur? Oh, and getting air into that shock is real fun.

I'll have a hunt for the serial no. Currently no spare XT/XTR derailleur, but rest assured it is in the works. The shock seems good to me, for now at least.

Too much cockpit purple for my liking personally.

I know you said it needs finishing...but I'm seeing some concerning things. Short RD housing. Front brake cable not seated in the barrel adjuster at the lever. Rear straddle cable looks to be 'floating' which indicates not enough tension there. Ritchey tires are wrong for a Yeti, not to mention that particular Megabike is 3+ years too old for the bike. Carbon Evo saddle too new and probably the least comfy saddle ever. :p

I'm guessing this is a 'DH' set up, but that big single up front and the corncob cassette out back makes that bike all but unusable for any kind of ride unless you plan on only looking at it.

I appreciate this kind of feedback Rumpfy, thank you - please keep it coming.

I was in two minds to post pics of the bike knowing some of its failings, but happy to "risk it" knowing others would be pointed out that would assist me in getting it right eventually. The short RD housing is news to me, but now you mention it I see it and will fix it. The tyres and saddle will be swapped-out once I find suitable replacements, the brakes tuned when I get some time.

Thanks again :)

gingernuts/badger":h5zqz83w said:
I've seen pics of team bikes with those decals on the brace. Just sayin'

It actually is an ex-team bike, both the rider and mechanic were fired :LOL:

Top work there, Mike!

I think that is one of the prettiest color schemes Yetis come in.
Bit too much purple though and I see no need for the Sugino disk in this picture (especially since the color of the decal is off).

Apart from that: I love it :cool: !

E

mikeyb":3rbwmcel said:
I appreciate this kind of feedback Rumpfy, thank you - please keep it coming.

I was in two minds to post pics of the bike knowing some of its failings, but happy to "risk it" knowing others would be pointed out that would assist me in getting it right eventually. The short RD housing is news to me, but now you mention it I see it and will fix it. The tyres and saddle will be swapped-out once I find suitable replacements, the brakes tuned when I get some time.

Thanks again :)

Subjecting yourself to the critiques and ridicule is definitely the fastest way to learn! It's worked well for me anyway. :p

Back