Jason McRoy's specialized from dirt

brocklanders023":140q5cv5 said:
I'd have thought his Dad would know and would also be surprised if he tried to pass something off as genuine?

It does say in the ad that some of the parts aren't the original (as in the video). Not surprising if the tyre's not original really.

fattiman":3ih0duea said:
spec is very different to the one on dirt:

1. fork brace - notoriously probe to cracking
2. saddle - as mentioned in the auction this is a replacement
3. pedals - as mentioned in the auction this is a replacement
4. front and rear mech - things wear out
5. chainset - things wear out
6 rear tyre - most of the video is spent pulling skids.

I think it unlikely a professional DH rider would keep his bike exactly the same throughout it's life.

The bike is certainly being sold by the McRoy family, see no reason for them to misrepresent the bike.

AFAIK Dirt was filmed earlyish in the year, if the bike was getting hammered by a pro rider it is to be expected the spec might change slightly brakages or not. Anyone got a good clean still from Dirt to make an accurate comparison?

John":391amrex said:
The bike is certainly being sold by the McRoy family, see no reason for them to misrepresent the bike.

AFAIK Dirt was filmed earlyish in the year, if the bike was getting hammered by a pro rider it is to be expected the spec might change slightly brakages or not. Anyone got a good clean still from Dirt to make an accurate comparison?

Given a day or two I could. I have it on DVD somewhere at home.

fattiman":2moamwxt said:
spec is very different to the one on dirt:

1. fork brace
2. saddle
3. pedals
4. front and rear mech
5. chainset
6 rear tyre

i dont think it is the actual one from dirt, maybe another of his bikes, but not the one from dirt IMO
Yeah looks like it and the rear wheel also, would be nice to find out where the parts are.

In the bin? Are you suggesting that a bike being sold by JMC's family, clearly owned by him is not the same cos some of the parts have been changed since a half-arsed magazine freebie film was made?

I imagine Jason got the bike "stock" at the start of the year and Dirt was filmed not long after.

As you go along you change stuff on a bike, let alone if your a talented pro who, let's be honest has the skill set to actually push everything to the limit so wear, tear and customization/personalization would change stuff (the alloy Judy DH brace being a prim upgrade/replacement for the somewhat fragile FSX pone - especially in dual slalom!) however such nitpicking doesn't takeaway form it being a true little bit of history from a talented rider and a nice bloke.

Indeed, however all i was stating that it is possible that he had more than one dual slalom bike.
This does not look like it is the same bike to me.
It has different "JMC" lettering on the top tube also (why would you bother changing this?)
Moreover, i can understand changing components when they break, however downgrading from M900 XTR drivetrain to XT seems odd for a pro bike with backing from Shimano!?
I would be bidding on this bike at the drop of a hat if it were correct in every way - for the kind of money that its up for now i would want it to be original and not have to search for the many parts it is missing.
Still a very very cool bike with my favorite all time rider as its previous owner! :cool:

@fattiman - if you have hires images from Dirt which allow you to pick out nuances such as top tube lettering then please share them!

Surely the 'correctness' is the fact it's one of JMC's old bikes? It was very common for the spec on pros bikes to change on a regular basis, esp BITD.

Unfortunatley i dont have any stills that i can post up, however the differences are clearly visible when viewing Dirt. I was literally obsessed with that bike as a youth and could list every component. :LOL:

Back