Raleigh Castorama ex Thierry Marie

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
Finally done - well almost as the rear mech has been borrowed!! Not quite correct like Penfolds Bike of the Month as wheels, saddle, bars and stem are my personal preferences rather than the same as the team bikes.

Still to be ridden as it's not going out in the wet (not yet anyway).

Matt

Attachments

• Raleigh Castorama 1.JPG
    Raleigh Castorama 1.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,650
you'll not be surprised to hear that I think she's a beauty!

it would probably be rude for you to enter and win RoBTM this month, perhaps something other than a SuperU/Castorama Raleigh should get a chance?!

tulips are looking nice, mine have failed this year.....

Richie

Rich34":3iggfukr said:
That's gorgeous -- how did you come by an ex-pro bike?
Just luck really!

It was listed here in Ebay finds. I took a look and it looked shabby with a really poor respray / stickers - painted with a brush poor, and stickers you could do better with on your own PC!! I knew that it wasn't raleigh, so really just took a punt hoping it was a team frame made by Cyfac. It had campag ends, race number tag, braze on for front mech, cinelli bottom bracket and brake bridge etc, so I knew it wasn't a piece of junk, but it was still a gamble.

When it arrived I sent the frame number to Cyfac, and they confirmed that it was a team frame made for Thierry Marie.

Here's the link, would you have gambled!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/raleight-frames ... 7675.l2557

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I would have if I'd seen it - looks like my size and Maciej is one of my eBay Favourite Sellers!!!! Can't believe I missed that... :cry:

Rich34":1bvjgta8 said:
I would have if I'd seen it - looks like my size and Maciej is one of my eBay Favourite Sellers!!!! Can't believe I missed that... :cry:
He has some good stuff that's for sure. He had the right Wolber rims on C_Record hubs, but was asking €300. Too much for me.

Back