HELP crankset Juy Simplex 45/52 sprocket & Nervar crank 170

negaultra7

The Number Of The Beast
Hi there everyone can you please help me i have one of these cranksets on a vintage Urago frame,

(crankset Juy Simplex 45/52 sprocket & Nervar crank 170mm French)

P1040325.jpg

can you please advise me on what tool i will need to remove if, i think it will be french thread, any links would be great

crankset Juy Simplex 45/52 sprocket & Nervar crank 170mm French

Many thanks
Neil

Re: HELP crankset Juy Simplex 45/52 sprocket & Nervar crank

After you remove the cotter pin carefully stand on both pedals with equal weight to break the bond between the crank and the spindle, reinsert the cotter pin but don't tighten it up, then remove the cotter pin from the other side and go through the same procedure

Hi ive amended the picture as the one i have is not a cottered pin
Neil

Sorry I can't answer your question then

see that round bolt in the middle, fit an allen key in there and turn it till it comes out, then the crank should come off..... with a bit of help from a crank remover....

Yeah ive taken the allen key bolt out, the standard crank remover that ive got is to big to use on the crank, is there a special crank remover for a simplex crankset?

Neil

There must be, however finding one after 50 years might be a bit complicated. I have to admit I think you might have hit a bit of a wall there, could be Hammer time.......
C'mon roadies share the love (and the stash of incredibly rare almost impossible to replace obscure and outdated tools)

My input smehow disappeared in transit.
This looks like the multi spline Gnutti cranks, the problem with them was keeping them on, they frequently fell off. If you use them take the key with you, was it 8mm? Possible someone has used loctite or similar to hold them on.

Back