Retro road bike prototype

tavi

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
My name is Tavi, I have just joined the forum.Last month I bought a carbon fiber bike.It's a rare bike and the ex owner told me that was made by Ferrari as a prototype and never put on the market.
It's equiped with Campagnolo record 8( except the crankset which is veloce) and it has Campagnolo Shamal wheels.This is the original color of the frame.
If you know more details about this bike, please share with me.It seems to be like Bianchi C4 but a little bit different.Every opinion is welcomed and I hope you like it.

dsc09157z.jpg

Well...I'm still riding at different competitions but in the future I would like keep as a collection bike..

Corima made a similar looking track bike in the early 90's, certainly a good find though if it's a Ferrari prototype, nice one.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I have not much to say about your bike except WOW!!!!

Richard

The geometry of the frame looks similar to Bianchi C4.
http://velospace.org/node/35621
I'll try to get more informations about the bike, the matter is that the bike was made around de 90' and I haven't found a photo. The ex owner was a pro continental cyclist, with years of experience and he has lots of friends like Mario Cipollini, Ernesto Colnago, Michele Cavalera and others. So, I do belive him that he says the truth and he also told me that this prototype was made only to test the frame.

It is a carbon frame made by Italian company C4. They also did built the Bianchi C4 frame (hence the C4) and a couple of frames for other companies.

Here is an example of the Bianchi C-4, (sourced from the web) it does look very similar. Personally I am glad they scraped that regressive fork. It must have had mean shoe overlap

Attachments

• C4SW.jpg
    C4SW.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 847
Back