ST-M580 LX STI Dual Control Brake & Shifters - £18 a pair

Re: ST-M580 LX STI Dual Control Brake & Shifters - £18 a pai

These have been around £35 for a while now, now back down to £18!

If I had anything to try these on I'd give them a go for 18 notes. Have Shimano dropped this concept totally now??

i bought some of these and put them on my specialized p1,they work really well,i wouldnt hesitate to put them on my bike again,well worth the money. ;) ;)

I like them too. Clearly never took off at all and shelved by Shimano. I've had LX, XT and XTR pairs, currently using a pair of M960 that I got off here for £15, which is an indicator of their popularity...

It might be a coincidence but in terms of lifespan I've never had a problem with the MTB ones, unlike the road STIs which always seem to develop shifting faults sooner or later!

i run rapid rise on my modern hardtail.......once youve got used to putting tension into a cable to achieve an upshift which goes against 30 years of muscle memory they are fine......quite a bargain for the price of a round of drinks too......

These went up to £40 recently but are now back at about £18 a pair.

We popped a set of these on my hubby's touring bike for work, and he's very happy with them, they brake well and change gear really smoothly, we got them at £18.99

Alison

I really like them too, picked up a set for £15ish in a sale a couple of years ago. Only issue I have with them is that if I'm braking when going down a bumpy descent I sometimes end up changing gear without meaning to. Might get another set as spares.

Back