Raleighracers Marin Bear Valley

Just rode a spoon yesterday - ouchy!!!!!! :( a re-think needs to be done, unless I can borrow a saddle off somebody to try :D

On another note my tyres are catching like crazy :facepalm: tried 2 different ones and they both do, got another nobly one to try, other than that it's a slick on the back until I get some more money for bike parts :( I do have the originals but..........well you know, your on this site to!!! :roll:

More bad times - needs the rear caliper rebuilding and new pads all round.

So current list of parts -

shimano 525 rebuild kit
2x brake pads - probably go for aggressive pads as I like strong brakes :D
Saddle of some description :?

In far better news, I saved 9g switching to carbon headset spacers :cool: went from 18g to 9g, sad, and a small change, but a good one :D

I'm looking at getting some new water bottles, does anybody know how you go about removing logos off the bottles?

Don't really want specialized parts splashed over it :oops:

Got a new rear wheel today, ritchey wcs off a cboardman bike, few years old, has sealed bearings in the hub but needed the free hub body cleaning out.

I did that, destickered the rim, chucked on my tyre, cassette and just need to find some disc bolts. Will mean I get matching discs now :D

so today i finally realised i could respace my bb to help it change gear :oops: was a right ureka moment! :roll:

and obviously it would be rude not to give the crank a clean while it was off and that grey ring had been bugging me for a while....

i think it looks loads better. still havent polished the other arm though :oops:

now to see how long the paint lasts :?

Bought a xtr rear mech for this last week, ordered a continental mountain king tyre, planet x saddle bag, shimano xtr chainstay protector and some Easton ea70 flat bars, 31.8x685.

Tyre, saddle bag and mech are on. Just waiting for bars and chain stay protector to turn up :D

Will stick some pics up when they are on, definitely seems to be turning into a rider, saddle bag, pump and 2 bottle cages don't exactly help looks but it's definitely more practical :?

Flat bars arrived :LOL:

Not the logos I was hoping for but not the end of the world :roll:

The search has begun for some kona project 2 forks, as shorter a-c as possible to regain the original angles, but need a steerer of at least 200mm. Once I've found some I am going to have a disc tab welded on, remove the canti mounts repaint and sticker them :D

Just really want a rigid setup to be able to swap to

Got a carbon stem cap and xtr front skewer fitted today :D

Saved me 4 grams over the previous set up, but its a step closer to a xtr groupset and as Tesco say 'every little helps'

Back