'94 Concorde Giro - Campagnolo euqipped road bike

Re: Concorde Giro project

Thanks for all your advice and interest, I went with suggested Campy mix.

Now I have a philosophical question. Previously ordered wheelset has a 7 speed Shimano rear hub, the groupset is 8 speed... Does this mean I have to buy another rear hub?

P.S. Sorry if the question seems dumb.

Attachments

• $T2eC16JHJIIE9qTYI7D9BRfomqT4rw~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16JHJIIE9qTYI7D9BRfomqT4rw~~60_12.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 968

Your best off buying a Campag 8sp set of wheels then selling your current set as they are. There is a nice chorus set for sale here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=249393 He is also selling some Zondas but I think the non-aero Chorus wheels would suit the Concorde better and is more of it's era.

Edit: sorry, it looks like the Chorus ones are gone and the Zondas are 26" (for TT frames). Doh!

Sorry, to answer your question: I think 7&8sp cassette hubs were the same size with the difference being smaller gaps between the cassette cogs and a narrower chain. However, I'm no expert on the tech elements but there are plenty on here who are.

Since all of my parts are nearing my post office, I was wandering on some saddle and pedals with toe-clips suggestions from you guys, to finish the build.

Thanks in advance.

It has to be a Selle San Marco Rolls saddle in my view :cool: but a Flite saddle and Look clipless pedals would suit a 94ish bike

I have a few pairs of Look clipless, one set came off a Concorde...£15 posted if that helps?

LDP":1exqiuad said:
It has to be a Selle San Marco Rolls saddle in my view :cool: but a Flite saddle and Look clipless pedals would suit a 94ish bike

Thanks, but you were few hours late - I already ordered a white Selle Italia Turbo + white Selle Italia grip tape. ;)

About clipless pedals - never used such a contraption, and don't have any shoes for them so i was looking for something with toe-clips. In my opinion not so hardcore. :LOL:

bikenut2010":36zezpwu said:
I have a few pairs of Look clipless, one set came off a Concorde...£15 posted if that helps?

Thanks i'm gonna pass on clipless thingies - am affraid of them. :LOL:

Eddy Krei":3tnktnc2 said:
bikenut2010":3tnktnc2 said:

Thanks i'm gonna pass on clipless thingies - am affraid of them. :LOL:

I have some 105 aero that are right period with clips and really nice leather straps?

Thanks every one so far for all the info and offers i finally have everything I need. So follow up for an actual update when the parts arrive and I will complete the bike.

Cheers!

Back