ST3 ESR2500 Mint Condition Worth it?

Lowtidejoe

Retro Newbie
New Old Stock 2000 ST3 ESR 2500
Bomber tripple tree downhill fork
26 x 2.3 large Slime brand tubeless armour plated
RST 58 Rear shock
Bike is in magnificent condition

If i can get for under 500 would this be a wise deal?
v7wo8.jpg

No. Forks are good but whats with the nodder cable discbrakes, bars, ergo grips, saddle, nasty brake levers and pedals? Seriously the only good thing on that is the forks and at best you can get some for 150 quid. 500 quid will buyyou a very nicebike off here and a rocketship on ebay, that looks like it wassold last week in toys r us.what gearing has it got the big ass bell is in the way of what looks suspiciously like gripshift and those cranks dont look like they are anything close to quality.
Sorry and all that.

Thanks I really appreciate the reply mate! I'm glad because I'm still a novice when it comes to mountain bike gear. Cheers!

Cool I realise I sounded rather rude that want the intention if you are looking to buy a retro bike go into the general topic thread and say the sort of thing your after and your budget and you will be flooded with the right sort of advice. And just as a blatant plugfor my own sale im selling a gt lts2000 with triple Crown bombers for 250

Thanks for all of the responses, i'm looking for something with lots of travel to upgrade from my GT LTS 3000 DS, i would be very happy with all of the bikes under the classifieds but the shipping would probably cost more than the bike as i am located across the pond in Arizona, US. Thanks again, though and i will keep my eyes peeled.

That's pretty goofy, i can't believe i missed that. Do you guys think i should keep riding my GT LTS 3000 even though it doesn't have that much travel and save my money or should i try and find a dh rig (06 Specialized Bighit for around 5-600?

Back