the second worst bike in history

It's retro, steel and easily upgraded, nothing wrong with these bikes. OK, heavy!

I had and run a bianchi thomisus myself and it was as capable as the rider. I can always recommend upgrading the chainset on these(usually 200gs) beyond that they work well enough.

Despite poor reviews and general bad mouthing, they are a notch or two above the activator and suchlike. I've done many 20+ miles and NOT died or suffered ir-repairable bodily damage.

So, not state of the art neither death trap. enjoy it anyway. :cool:

I know these take a hammering from the more race orientated riders amongst us, they're heavy and cumbersome and not a racers ride, but I like my bikes solid and if cromo is such bad stuff then they better stop making bikes out of it.... (4130/tange/520/525/charge/surly just to name a few)
I know someone else who's got one but is keeping quiet about it, it'll be interesting to see how that one gets revamped.. This ones going to be a budget build with mostly what I've got in the shed...
If anyones got a back brake for this I'd be really grateful doesn't need to be too tidy just in gwo....

Yes they're a perfectly worthy steed but in all honesty it's only one step up from an Activator. Before you get too carried away, this is as good as I could make my mate's Puch look on our last retro ride... rockin' the 200GS.

Attachments

• IMG_20130512_164927.jpg
    IMG_20130512_164927.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 802
I remember seeing that frame listed on ebay recently and thought it would be cool to build up.

Good luck with the build, it's nice to see something at the lower end of the scale getting some attention! :cool:

Back