1995 Breezer Venturi - Finally!

ameybrook":16kkldpq said:
Zero that is Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope. Question: Is that a breezer sticker wrapped around the fork, or is it painted to match?

Nope, not a sticker - the frame and fork are sporting custom emerald green metallic paint. The Venturi was originally Sky Blue.

main.php

ameybrook":16kkldpq said:
BTW, I think ONCE riding Giant's cheater bike frames in the Tour had more to do with sloping top tube designs than Schwinn ;)

I hadn't considered that.

purplewicked":16kkldpq said:
fastback design? what is it?

"Fastback" is how Schwinn referred to the sloping top tube design of their road bikes in the period just before their last bankruptcy. Also, Joe only sloped the top tube in the smaller sizes. The larger sizes had a relatively level top tube and very short seat tubes compared to the corresponding top tube lengths.

Second look. Yep, still awesome. One of those blue Venturis in my size sold on ebay not long ago. Wish I had gotten it.

Not a knock on the build at all, but those 99 Ultegra Shifter/Brake levers will fail on you. If you can, upgrade to the 9spd Dura Ace units, they were far more durable.

ameybrook":2xed7ft7 said:
Not a knock on the build at all, but those 99 Ultegra Shifter/Brake levers will fail on you. If you can, upgrade to the 9spd Dura Ace units, they were far more durable.

If I spend any real time on the bike I'm sure I will. It was a case of using what I had on hand to get it rolling. ;)

Somethings happening to me.. I'm liking Road Bikes.. Odd sensation.. Disorientation..

Zero.. I.. Like.. It.. :twisted:

kingroon":3d8sat9o said:
Somethings happening to me.. I'm liking Road Bikes.. Odd sensation.. Disorientation..

That odd sensation is just me temping you over to the dark side :twisted: .

sweet build..and really nice frame and colour... love breezers, im always on the lookout for a venturi i 57..
but rare...

fritzlite":1zbgllf4 said:
sweet build..and really nice frame and colour... love breezers, im always on the lookout for a venturi i 57..
but rare...

They do show up on eBay occasionally. I'll keep my eyes open for one for you.

That's really really nice, like the coding on the ouzo fork.

Not normaly a huge fan of mtb-manufacturers road bikes but that I like.

Looking forward to seeing the Bonty :D

Back