Hilary Stone

Slightly bad taste possibly in light of some people's experience but, my dealings have always been fine, if slightly tardy response-wise to emails.

My only gripe really is that having spent hundreds of pounds over different transactions I never got any discount whatsoever.

Not even a combined purchase discount on postage!

But, I've always been happy with what I received, save for some NOS 231 Ceramics which were very over-aggressively wrapped in parcel tape which did not do many favours to the rim surface in terms of residual sticky crap...

BB

letmetalktomark":2ijsae6z said:
To the OP surely you noticed something was array earlier than seven weeks :?

No - stupidly had some faith that he'd come good in the end and then got distracted, maybe the tele or something and went over the time limit for PP. But it was ages ago now - I'd forgotten about it until this thread got bumped.

Tommy":2ijsae6z said:
As i say, thanks to Hilary

8373104964_c050d84141_c.jpg

Nice set of cogs you have there :D Well done you ;)

It sounds like the majority of his sales go through OK - if you do buy from him don't be fooled by the fact he has a flashy website and appears to be a 'professional'. Be prepared for him to take your money, not send it, not to reply to you.

As with all things read the good the bad and the ugly reports and make up your own minds - I'd suggest that you protect yourselves by using PP (not gift) and don't let it go past 45 days :facepalm:

secret_squirrel":3vglu7fh said:
Has anyone ever chosen normal paypal and not PPG and had the seller reject it?
As it goes, yes I have. I didn't follow this up with a gift payment :roll:

He's useless. I e-mailed him a month ago about some sprockets he had on his website, heard nothing. Phoned, he was fairly rude and wouldn't take any details, insisting on an e-mail. I said I'd already done that, but sent another e-mail anyway. Again, heard nothing.

Yet he has since advertised bikes for sale on the CTC forum.

Conclusion: either

(1) he has technical problems with receiving e-mail and doesn't know how to sort them out

(2) he only cares about shifting big profitable stuff

(3) he is just inept.

I have given up on the idea of ordering anything from him. At least I didn't give him any money. There are enough postings about people who have paid and then had problems.

When I spoke to him once he made it clear he ignores emails he doesn't like. Phone the prize git on his home phone number:

(0044) (0)1495 370552

Just expect the cold shoulder and having the phone put down on you, but you will get your money back as I did.
Annoyingly I no longer have his home postal address otherwise you could send him a small claims court invite.
Oh, and ignore others who sanctimoniously tell you he's 'busy, on a buying spree, saving the world' as I did only to find out he was happily posting new items on his website while ignoring my emails.

Back