Skinwall tires 1989-1991 for a Yeti Ultimate

spwal

Retro Guru
Hi,

Does anyone have tires that would work on this build. Must fall within this timeline.

Must be a matching pair in rideable condition.

I think the team used Porcs and Specialized.

I am open to both as long as the logos and treads are in good condition and they are skinwall.

Thank you

I think I've got a matching pair of skinwall Onza Porcupine's knocking about in the garage... of interest?

I have a pair of rideable skinwall IRC Geoclaw Lite 2.1 foldables sitting on a shelf in the basement, IRC was the go-to tire maker for Yeti back then.

Sorry no skinwalls but about to sell a ridden once set of blackwal kevlar racing porcs in A1 condition, just like a new set of tyres.

John

Actually you may like this story aswell...

I was once racing at the Cheshire Challenge IIRC at Bosley in the early nineties with the Manc Students Mountain Bike Club and one of my friends was racing on his Ultimate. He did one loop and went past us.....on the second loop he came past with his rear tyre completely destroyed and was just riding on the rim!!! He kept going until the rim came apart!! That's Yeti riders for you!! His girlfriend also had a FRO! It made me sick at the time with jealousy as they were so rare.

John

Ha! Nice story. Looks like the black wall came out in 90-91 so that could work. Send me a pm please. I don't need something super nice but you never know. Thank you

Back