1990 Nishiki Ariel

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi All

Another addition to the Trebz stable. (Sold July 2014) This one has been in the loft for a while waiting for my attention.

It's not catalogue specification but it's a great example of the Nishiki Ariel in my opinion. It's not 100% complete as yet but I wanted to get it out there for you all to see. I need to replace the gear cable ferrules with steel ones and get my hands on a set of four decent bottle cage bolts.

Forgive me if I my stated year of manufacture is incorrect. Feel free to pass on your comments and corrections etc.

GEDC2428_zpsc3635d1a.jpg

GEDC2429_zps64308338.jpg

GEDC2430_zps67a1f535.jpg

GEDC2431_zps78f7ed2c.jpg

GEDC2432_zps90d78abc.jpg

GEDC2433_zpsa1e058fd.jpg

GEDC2434_zpsa2b79351.jpg

GEDC2436_zps8ab964fe.jpg

GEDC2438_zps314e535d.jpg

GEDC2440_zps6a36ac5e.jpg

GEDC2442_zps0c4b93d0.jpg

GEDC2443_zps94ba4eb5.jpg

GEDC2444_zpsc72b17fb.jpg

GEDC2446_zps3978d907.jpg

Bike is in really nice condition (wish having mine Nishiki in that cond!), but stuff is a little bit mixed (fex: mechs, headset are younger than brakes, levers, chainset - I usually traing to keep the stuff in one era, but it's ofc only my point of view)

Looking fantastic Richard, I was looking forward to seeing it yesterday but with you doing your best to impersonate Danny Macasill (not entirely successfully) its probably a good job you left it at home.

Just had chance to look over this, it does look nice.

will that front mech not work any lower down ?

Not a fan of the black chainset but that's me. Maybe stick a nice silver cap in the middle.

FluffyChicken":zymboeej said:
Just had chance to look over this, it does look nice.

will that front mech not work any lower down ?

Not a fan of the black chainset but that's me. Maybe stick a nice silver cap in the middle.

The front mech is lower now, the photo's were taken before I got time to true and tweak everything.

I know what you mean about the chainset Ben, it got me for a while but it fits in with the black, silver and white look I wanted to achieve. It balances it out well I think. Plus It's the only NOS quality chainset I had around at the time. It would be a shame to hang a beat up LX or unpolished FC-M730 on it. My plan from the start was to build it with as much NOS or top quality kit fitted.

That is absolutely wicked! When i look at the frame it seems to be very fast while standing there. Just the same feeling like when you look at a Porsche. Another association which comes to my mind is a spider web. Most E-stay bikes i've seeen have large diameter tubes. This looks much more filigran and with this specific fork angle it could be Spidermans bike.
How about some black ODI grips?

Back