The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent 2 hours in the garage with mine. I knew the freewheel freewheeled in both diections so I'd bought a cheapie but it kept getting worse.....

The tyres were worse than I thought, one had separated from its bead and my finger went through the side wall of the other :( Had the choice of Panaracer Spikes or some slightly hard/crusty physcos so went for the latter.

Bent rear axle was put back kind of straight with a lump hammer and a vice, then had to adjust and grease every other bearing. To cap it all I wrapped the rear mech round the spokes of the back wheel and twisted up the chain test riding it up the road. Argghhhhhh!!!

Found a suitably crap chain and rear mech and it does now ride. Well kind of - the drive chain sounds like its going to blow up at any minute, I think the front chain wheel is a different pitch to the chain/freewheel - we'll see how long it lasts!!

See you all in the morning :LOL:

daj":oyiuyu36 said:
Sorry to hear that :(

Joking aside I think I pulled something in my back trying to lift mine in the back of the car!! :shock: :LOL:

Your bodies just not used to it, to much time on plastic bikes :LOL:

Right then, up and about and the weather is looking a bit like... weather...

So, everyone ready for the off?

Just a thought, who's driving the broom wagon?

I've a feeling we are going to need to borrow one of the uplift trailers :facepalm:

Just leaving now. This will be my first mountain bike ride this year and I have just realised the tyres are twice as old as my ten year old kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back