the second worst bike in history

DrJo

Senior Retro Guru
I've just gone and won a frameset on fleabay, it's my size and it cost me 24 poonds sterling.
This is in part thanks to Jussa who bought and collected my GT lts1 frame off me, top bloke, he'll see the funny side in this even if no one else does...
Although opinions differ slightly on these they do draw a lot of attention oooh it's a PUCH :shock: oooh it's a mountain bike ;) oooh it's a very funny shape :D
Isn't it lovely in pink and black and gatesize, and a pic of a near mint 17.5 which sold fa 60 poonds, fella originally posted on fleabay for £160 :facepalm:
I'm thinking more along the lines of Jussa's Activator for Shizz and Giggles ....
Watch this space, very slowly....hoho

Attachments

• img6231x.jpg
    img6231x.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,674
  • $(KGrHqNHJFIFEyEpCkOQBRhn6O(po!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJFIFEyEpCkOQBRhn6O(po!~~60_12.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,672
  • $T2eC16hHJIYE9qUcQYMyBRhn4jb)Kw~~60_12.jpg
    $T2eC16hHJIYE9qUcQYMyBRhn4jb)Kw~~60_12.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,672
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I like these Puch/Bianchis!

I almost bought a Bianchi Theridion, but decided I would hold out for finding a Columbus-tubed Araneus. Not sure whether one will ever come up in the right size though.

That's awesome :cool: I am sooooooo pulling up a chair to watch this build thread :) but seriously great work fella a top score from the bay, and a double bonus it's your size too.

I wouldn't build it "for giggles". It's a pretty strong frame and deserves to be built and used properly. There are a few of these Puch/Bianchi bikes in this area that are still being used as do-it-all mules on a daily basis.
Slap an early 90s XT set and some new rims on there and you'll have a good bike that'll probably outlive most of us.

We'll have to take that ride over in Thetford when it's done Jussa.... just don't expect me to go up against the LTS1 though..

poor man's Mantis Valkyrie :)

ValkyrieSide.JPG

WOW! I really like the paint on the mantis! Is there a build thread anywhere with any detailed pics?

sorry for going OT! :oops:

Back