MacRetro Clan Gathering - Sunday 8/June/08 -11am- Glentress

Mid 90's my stomping ground was Dundee and North Fife especially Tentsmuir Forrest where i learned most of my early MTB skills or lack of !

Tentsmuir Forrest...... now that takes me back, 1990-1994.

I take the kids to tentsmuir quite often, but much more fun single tracking with mates on evening summer runs - if you ever want to reminisce we could organise a dundee area meet, Tentsmuir or the old Sidlaws Race route near the quarry.

Route on the day will be the Red Route which on older bikes is technical enough thankyou !

Return may be in the final section via the new section of blue grade which appears to have hospitalised several folk in less than a few weeks of opening, sounds promising.

Glentress Red is a steep climb with lots of switchbacks and back down involves lots of berms, bombholes, tabletops, rocks and roots which can be quite punishing without suspension but huge fun !!!!!!!!!!!

Could those who are deffinitely going to be there please say so.

Helps to know who we are waiting on !

Cheers

Confirmed riders include :

Me - Velomaniac on a Raleigh White Lightning 89
Clockworkgaz on an Orange Clockwork
Davedownhill (Not Retrobike) on a Specialized Hardrock early - mid 90's although he's trying to wangle something more exotic.
Stew Burgess (Not Retrobike) on a Specialized Rockhopper 93
George N (Not Retrobike)might show on Edinburgh Bikes Contour 500 mid 90's
Jason K on an On-One or a Massi
Haggis on his Hot........whatever that is !
Kaiser on his Stumpjumper which is not retro, don't call it retro he'll get upset !
The Ken hopefully on that smart GT of his !
Couple of others, bikes not specified.
Others to be confirmed I hope.

Looking a little less lacklustre now compared to southern meets, I hope more confirm !

Cheers

I'm still going, but I'll be on my non retro stumpie( and nobody better say it is retro). Unless you need a retro ride :(

A retro bike is not a requirement but it helps, Retro is a state of mind, an ability to apreciate the bikes and rides of the past.

In my case I'm too tight to buy a new bike and too mechanically inept to maintain one ! :D :D :D

After the 8th, the Rockhopper I'm building for my friend Stewart to ride on the day will be up for sale, minus the wheels which are from another bike, as its an 18" frame and with me being 6'6" will be of little rideable value. The bike will be a bargain for someone !

Cheers

My problem is everythings a work in progress :roll: Really must finish something soon.

What time are you meeting up? I might try and wangle out of fort bill, I need more training for MM and if finances allow I might turn up - but don't wait for me if I don't.

Back