motorola eddy merckx

cloonaghpat

Retro Guru
Hello,

Just attaching some photos of my current build.

Regards,

Pat

Attachments

• Motorola 2.jpg
    Motorola 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,379
  • motorola 1.jpg
    motorola 1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,379
  • motorola 3.jpg
    motorola 3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,376
  • motorola 4.jpg
    motorola 4.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,375
  • motorola 7.JPG
    motorola 7.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,374
You lucky, lucky barsteward. My second favourite Merckx colour scheme ever, and only just second as well. Looks fantastic, is it original paint?

Hi Matt,

No, Argos resprayed it for me. It is a 1991 Corsa Extra, with Columbus SLX tubing . It was originally the Motorola paint scheme, it wasn't in too bad condition, just the normal chipping you would expect, but I like it freshened up, there is a flec in the blue paint, looks great in the sunshine.

Regards,

Pat

Size wise, it has a 58cm seat tube. It looks taller from some angles, but it fits just fine. I am waiting on an sti lever, should have it next week, hopefully I will have it completed in the next two weeks.

cloonaghpat":1rgle3j3 said:
Hi Matt,

No, Argos resprayed it for me. It is a 1991 Corsa Extra, with Columbus SLX tubing . It was originally the Motorola paint scheme, it wasn't in too bad condition, just the normal chipping you would expect, but I like it freshened up, there is a flec in the blue paint, looks great in the sunshine.

Regards,

Pat

Great looking bike.

Do you mind me asking how much Argos charged for the respray? I'm looking to by a Corsa Extra at the moment which needs respraying and would like to have it in either Motorola or 7 Eleven colours.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing the finished bike.

I can vouch for Argos' finish - excellent, better than some of the manufacturers original efforts (certainly Pinarello's!)

Back