Tushingham Resource Pool

No its not a "Tushingham Works Replica", these only came with a white rear triangle.

Its an " ORANGE ". (still wearing its Original "NEON" paintwork.)

Im looking forward to the "Write Up"............ ;)

sinnerman":2pex6ufv said:
No its not a "Tushingham Works Replica", these only came with a white rear triangle.

Its an " ORANGE ". (still wearing its Original "NEON" paintwork.)

Im looking forward to the "Write Up"............ ;)

A 'Yates Formula?

nevadasmith":27q4d3e6 said:
sinnerman":27q4d3e6 said:
longun":27q4d3e6 said:
sinnerman":27q4d3e6 said:
I am no expert, but i think thats a B52, (but i clearly could be wrong, as i am only going from memory)

Originally only supplied in my area, by a Windsurfing/sailing store that also sold bikes, and this store only ventured into the mountain bike market, due to the Tushingham brand, and there obvious windsurfing background. If memory serves me right it would have been neon and white.

I was told either correctly or incorrectly, it all originated from a resprayed Muddy fox Courier, again this could all have been a load of bull, but i was young and keen, the similarities are there, perhaps the same far east manufacturer...??? who knows... i myself would love for Lester to fill in the blanks, after all without this.....would Orange have ever been...?

You have a real piece of Uk mountain bike history there my friend, and i am amazed at the condition to be fair.

sensational.

:cool:

Talk to Maverick hes the man when it comes to these.

was said shop in plymouth and run by 2 long haired lads, near the river plym? near the frieght raliway depot???

if so, i remeber them very well and used to pop in for a coke mosty weekends to look at bikes and bits lol

The windsurfing shop in plymouth was at Queen Annes Battery, for the life of me the name illudes me.

See below - taken from a 1988 mag - the name was......

barrettos bikes (ad under plymouth bike co)is were i spend alot of time...and money, did my work experience and the occasional saturday as a school boy. chris is the chap who took the time to show me how to build wheels. shops gone now i think though :(

Thread Resurection

I've had what I thought was a orange clockwork in the shed for ages. I got it out tonight and spoke to my brother who gave me the history low down as it was his bike. The bike is actually a Tushingham B52 which went back to Orange twice once for a wrongly fitted crank and then for a cracked fork. By the time the frame came back he had bought an Giant Coldrock. He resprayed the frame himself in blue then started to sand in down again but never finished. I have spend the evening putting a few parts back on the frame including the Exage crank, mechs and some Shimano STI shifters and brakes. I've got the original wheels too. I planned to build the bike up as a hybrid for my mom to use however if a collector wanted the bike to restore i'd be happy to let it go for the right offer. I don't come on here much so if you are interested feel free to email me directly at rossgarratley@gmail.com.

I am also considering selling the Giant Coldrock frame, fork and Exage crankset too if anyone is interested. I can email pictures of both.

I picked this Muddy Fox Courier up a couple of days ago:

img5220f.jpg

img5221vg.jpg

img5216h.jpg

img5225td.jpg

More than just similar to a Tushingham B52?

In the last pic, you can see that the head tube is damaged, which explains the incorrect forks. It has been ridden like this since the early 1990s. I'm not sure what to do with it at the moment, but I need to find a friendly frame builder that's for sure.

Cheers,
Andrew

That was a good score my friend, well done. :cool:

What do you need a frame builder for..? is the head tube bent..?

sinnerman":32zzm8rs said:

Yes, the head tube is a bit squashed. It looks like its been ridden down a 10 foot drop, so the front of the head tube is bulging a bit. I knew it was like this before I paid for it but I just couldn't walk away from this one! Probably a fairly simple job anyway.

andyz":3c7oe09l said:
sinnerman":3c7oe09l said:

Yes, the head tube is a bit squashed. It looks like its been ridden down a 10 foot drop, so the front of the head tube is bulging a bit. I knew it was like this before I paid for it but I just couldn't walk away from this one! Probably a fairly simple job anyway.

It doesnt look too much of a drama to me, if you need any help with it, or decide you dont want to take it on, just let me know. Just dont turn it into a Tushingham, its far too rare as a muddy fox.

sinnerman":15vgk9b8 said:
Just dont turn it into a Tushingham, its far too rare as a muddy fox.

Oh bugger, I've been found out! Only joking! :LOL:

Do you know what colour the forks would have been originally?

To begin with I was thinking of keeping it totally original, but I might have to change the shifters/levers/brakes as I'm not fond of that plastic exage stuff. I will of course keep all the Exage Mountain bits stored carefully for sake of originality.

I need to sort out some space for it urgently. At the moment its in the living room. :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_5226.JPG
    IMG_5226.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,188
Back