The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
matthew71":3901m3tp said:
theredchili":3901m3tp said:
Bit of a thread hi-jack here, but if anyone is interested in a 1990 Marin Elderidge ,medium in zolatone grey or a medium Bear Valley in black 1993' I can bring them along Sunday, looking for £120 & £100

Just holla.

please could you post you for sale items in the proper place. you should know better james

:LOL: :LOL:

I will advertise them there also, but it makes sence here too as those coming will see this and not necessary seethe sale thread.

So if you want a 14" cube acid in mint condition,let me know as icon bring that too , £450 :twisted:

Mmmm. It isn't looking good. A test revealed the non drive crank clipping the chainstay. Now the BB threads seem to have mullered themselves. This is a mystery as they went in well enough.

If I can't get it working, I'll have to pike.

Iwasgoodonce":ye7p5t20 said:
Mmmm. It isn't looking good. A test revealed the non drive crank clipping the chainstay. Now the BB threads seem to have mullered themselves. This is a mystery as they went in well enough.

If I can't get it working, I'll have to pike.

More fettling less planting! :LOL:

It gets worse. I had hoped to find a slightly longer BB axle. However, the one that is too short is around 127mm long!

Out with the grinder. I'm going to 'adjust' the crank.

I could but a different chainset on it but, that would be cheating.

Just been out and checked Marin. Tyres and tubes all good. Looking forward to putting a few faces to names.

Ok the twenty is dead :(

Like everyone else I've been constantly saying tomorrow I'll sort the bike but now I've run out of time.

The headset was so solid it wouldn't turn more then a few degrees, undoing it revealed a mess of loose ball bearings and rust. In the end it's just too broken.

Soo as I've given away the activator that leaves me with no option but to break out my old Raleigh Cobra, :facepalm: fully in the spirit of things I believe it cost £26 a couple of years ago, It's mostly original and has no brakes to speak of so we're all good there. Roadish tyres and a wobbly crankset it should fit right in.

It lives! Apart from the shifters, who's provenance I cannot recall, every single part of this bike has at some point been thrown away.

So, it's 90% scrap at least! The cranks are really odd. I'm looking forwards to trying 165mm cranks, they might suit my stumpy legs! They seem to be almost entirely made of some sort of resin plastic type stuff. Still, it was easy to grind away so they don't foul the frame.

I don't have confidence in the wheels though. I might bring alternative pedals as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,127
Looking forward to a ride with you guys tomorrow. Haven't had time to sort a clunker out due to the move etc.

See you tomorrow : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back