Info on Diamondback's 1985 line up? 80s in general?

velomaniac":3r0ujobd said:
To add further confusion there were some Centurion mtb's which were Diamondbacks using the normally roadbike only name of the parent company behind Diamondback.
I have a Centurion Starlight which apears to be a DB Apex circa 1985

Wow I've never heard of any Centurion mtbs.. I wonder if they were only sold outside of the US

The plot thickeths methinks

The centurion brand was I thought us based

Moore and large were the main uk importer ,tho they were tied up with scott in 90/91 ish

mikee":3d05f5wd said:
The plot thickeths methinks

The centurion brand was I thought us based

Moore and large were the main uk importer ,tho they were tied up with scott in 90/91 ish

Diamondback and Centurion are both trademarks of Western States Imports (WSI), a California, USA based company. In 1990, WSI dropped the Centurion brand and labeled their road bikes as Diamondback just like the mtbs. For a few years the road bikes had "Designed by Centurion" on them even though they were branded as Diamondbacks

There have been other companies to use the Centurion brand name in Europe so it's possible that the Centurion Starlight could have been offered by a company other than WSI. It's also possible WSI experimented with Centurion branded mtbs in markets outside of the US

Back