GT STS Frame Bundle SOLD

Re: GT STS Frame Bundle PLUS SPARE SHOCKS

Rear mount is IS mount and part of frame.
You can change bearings round. You need a special tool to do it.

Rodeodave":3f66l17z said:
What would you guys reckon is the rider weight limit for this frame? I'm riding an 18" LTS 1000 DS frame currently, and am loving it. Would the STS be a step up from the LTS?

Also, my LTS has roller bearings top and bottom. I didn't install them myself (frame came with them) so I don't really know, but do y'all think that I could transplant them to the STS?

I'm really having a hard time fighting the urge to get me this frame...

Edit: I'm like a 100kg with gear, and the LTS hasn't complained so far.
And another question: What's the rear disc mounting standard? Anyone know what kind of adapter would be needed for mounting an Avid Juicy 5? On my LTS I'm using the disc mount adapter from BETD, but that's a different situation of course.

Sorry that I didn't reply to your PM - had quite a lot going on last night so I read it and then forgot all about it! :oops: :oops:

I know that I'm the one selling the frame, so take that as you will. However in answer to your questions:

- Yes, I think the STS would be a step up from the LTS - you've got all the benefits of the LTS suspension design with the added coolness of the thermoplastic front end... Oh, and it's the same size as your LTS so it'll fit you just fine ;)

- The entire rear end will transfer between bikes, so if you want to keep the existing bearings then that's fine.

- The rear disc mount is IS, so will work with your Juicy 5s if they're IS mount. If they're not, then I have an adaptor which I can include with the frame, free of charge :)

- I'm sure there are quite a few riders who weigh around the 100kg and ride a STS. The later STS' (like mine) have an all thermoplastic headtube rather than an aluminium lugged one - this was done to strengthen the area around the headtube. I wouldn't condone throwing it down the nearest mountain as they were never designed for that, but it'll cope just fine with everything that you did on the LTS. You could even keep your LTS frame as a donor frame, so you effectively have a whole frames worth of spare parts :cool:

I hope that's helped a little bit. Like I said in my original post - I really don't want to sell it but it's just that little bit too big for me :(

Logic.Al":7sh9hb4f said:
Rear mount is IS mount and part of frame.
You can change bearings round. You need a special tool to do it.

What he said :D

You can either remove the bushes from the STS and fit the bearings from the LTS, or you could just swap the rear end of both frames around. The only part you wouldn't be able to swap over would be the seatstay with the disc mount.

It's a straightforward process (provided that the bearings in your LTS are in good shape!). If you're not confident doing it then I'm sure that a decent local bike shop would be able to take care of it for you. If you lived a little closer I'd even offer to do it myself :D

I've just looked at my original post, and although I've mentioned the 2 spare shocks I haven't mentioned their condition :oops:

One of the spare shocks is an earlier unit (1997). It all works fine, but the red rebound adjuster knob has broken off. The rebound can still be adjusted, and I have a spare adjuster knob to fit, but I have never got around to drilling out the existing snapped bolt and fitting the replacement.

The other shock is the same as the one currently fitted to the STS, but this one has a broken blue compression adjuster knob. Again, it works just fine and I have the replacement adjuster knob for it, but the snapped bolt will need to be drilled out first. You can't adjust the compression on this shock without fitting the replacement adjuster knob.

The shock fitted to the STS has both knobs present and works perfectly :)

I've got an 800lb spring too (as well as a 750lb and the 700lb currently fitted to the STS), so these should suit the vast majority of riders ;)

Re: GT STS Frame Bundle BACK UP FOR SALE

Here's a photo of the spare shocks and bits.

The older of the 2 shocks (the one on the right) is the one with the broken rebound adjuster. The other shock has a broken compression adjuster. BOTH shocks appear to work just fine (I've done a "bounce test" with each of them fitted to the STS!).

The compression on the newer shock is wound on quite a bit, so the shock stiffens up about halfway through its travel. However that would suggest to me that the compression adjustment is still working, even though the adjuster knob has snapped off. The rebound adjustment still works fine.

The rebound on the older shock can still be adjusted using a flat blade screwdriver, and the compression adjuster on this shock works exactly as it should.

As you can see I've got spare adjusters for BOTH shocks, as well as a choice of springs. The 3 springs pictured are 700lb, 750lb and 800lb.

IMAG0376_1_zps90442f49.jpg

I will now sell the shocks separately.

I've had 2 people contact me about them, so they have first dibs at the moment until I hear back from them.

Thanks

Barneyballbags":ik8jlphf said:

I've had 2 people contact me about them, so they have first dibs at the moment until I hear back from them.

Thanks

Older shock with decal and 800lb spring please :D

Jussa":30mnuy8v said:
Barneyballbags":30mnuy8v said:

Thanks

Older shock with decal and 800lb spring please :D

Sold to the good gentleman :D

Back