1988 Marin Palisades

Re: 1989 Marin Palisades

I know... Bought a few to many, so will be filtering out stuff. Partly why I've put a few pictures up on here, cause some will have to go, or at least be dismantled and stored for a while.

Cool, I used to ride one of these which was my mate's Dads when we visited Dorset BITD!

Nice these, really nice era for marins, very simple and elegant looks :cool:

my LBS has one up in their stockroom, u-brake model with exage trail on it, dont think theyll let it go tho :(

also seen one someone uses as a daily ride, covered in POS cheapo replacement parts but at least it gets used.

RBG

This had the exage trail stuff on it when it picked I up. Was a bit plasticity so put some Deore II on it.

Anyone got any more insights into the diff between palisades and palisades trail?

xxnick1975":3sx5e91m said:
Anyone got any more insights into the diff between palisades and palisades trail?

No difference, just a year-to-year (or possibly international) variation, in the same way that some Eldridge Grade bikes are simply stickered "Eldridge".

My 1988 Marin Palisades and Bear Valley both have Shimano Exage Mountain groupset.
I believe Shimano Exage Trail was sometime later.
The 1989 Palisades and Bear Valley had Shimano Mountain LX.

Not sure it's later, by 1990 you are into 300lx etc

I have edited it twice so far, so for now will call it 88

I have also now built up a nice '88 BIOPACE chainset for it, massively egged, will try and get it on tomorrow with pics to follow.

Back