Car roof bike carriers..UPDATE FOR JUSSA

Re: Car roof bike carriers..

Have a look at the roof box company, www.roofbox.co.uk their website is very informative and they sell spares too.

FWIW, we have Thule 591 racks now and they're great, you can hold the bike with one hand and operate the locking mechanism with the other.

Never tried the Mont Blanc racks but I would just say that the wheel mounts on the Thule 591 slide along which is very handy if you have various bikes with different wheel/frame sizes.

I was just about to ask that question Twister. The Barracuda dont look adjustable. My son is only on a Specialized 24. Its nearly to small but can wait till Xmas.

reconminicon":335h3v0j said:
I was just about to ask that question Twister. The Barracuda dont look adjustable. My son is only on a Specialized 24. Its nearly to small but can wait till Xmas.

It will fit fully adjustable :)

Funny this, i'm just doing this myself. I've got a focus and decided to get genuine roof bars for mine as they would be the best most secure fit on the roof. I then went for the Thule 591 (pair) as they have the locking facility Jussa mentioned.

I went for the twin pack that cost be £150 on Ebay, but you can pick up a pair of separate units for £130 or about £75 each. I went for the twin pack so the keys were the same.

I'm fitting this weekend!.....

All cool then. If thats the case Jussa I will go for the Barracudas. Get a pair on eBay for about 110-120. They look as though they just clip over the square roof bars nicely with a quick release? Looking at YouTube. Just need to find some bars..

matt24777":1szbmzs7 said:
Funny this, i'm just doing this myself. I've got a focus and decided to get genuine roof bars for mine as they would be the best most secure fit on the roof. I then went for the Thule 591 (pair) as they have the locking facility Jussa mentioned.

I went for the twin pack that cost be £150 on Ebay, but you can pick up a pair of separate units for £130 or about £75 each. I went for the twin pack so the keys were the same.

I'm fitting this weekend!.....

Again, roofbox co sell multiple key and lock barrel sets so you can have 1 key to match any number of racks. They send you a master plus matching barrels and keys and you return them your old keys and barrels.

The Barracudas came today Jussa. Over the moon with them. Good call. Shop said they wernt adjustable but I took your word for it.
Thx Byron

reconminicon":2ochupnm said:
The Barracudas came today Jussa. Over the moon with them. Good call. Shop said they wernt adjustable but I took your word for it.
Thx Byron

Hi Byron, glad to help, one of the reasons I love this forum, it's a great source of info and real reviews and experiences from like minded Retrobikers :)

Jussa :D

Back