Raleigh M-trax

RichMTrax

Dirt Disciple
Well Just wanted to Post some Pic's & Update of my M-trax Project. Well its getting there, Just finished paining the Top/bottom and Forks, as the old Lacquer has chipped up a bit, So after spending ages thinking of colours etc I took the Classic safe route ( boring I Know) and went for Base coat black and High Gloss Clear Coat.
Still Not sure on Graphics if to get some or not?????

Picked up a real bargain last Friday Halfords had two pairs of Last years design Panniers, Reduced to 50p a set. We had to ask twice was that right and they said yeah just found them out the back and thought they would put them for sale. so spent some time finding a nice rack and picked a pair of racks for me & the wife from OnOne's website and also a Shorter raised stem all for £20 another Bargain I think.

Any way enough waffle from me Just thought someone Might be interested to Look.

Now the shopping list is for Upgraded groupset I think.

Cheers
For Know
Rich

Attachments

• DSC06447 (800x600).jpg
    DSC06447 (800x600).jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 649
  • DSC06448 (800x600).jpg
    DSC06448 (800x600).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 646
  • DSC06449 (600x800).jpg
    DSC06449 (600x800).jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 648
  • Raleigh M-Trax Ti 2.JPG
    Raleigh M-Trax Ti 2.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 647
Thanks Yeah it works well I think haven't been out since changing Stem for a Shorter one. But I know it is not to every bodies Taste or style, But I like it, well love it really, the metallic red is original Just a lot of Compound Polish. Any Ideas on Groupset upgrade For touring appreciated ?????

I'd say the groupset is probably fine for touring. One thing I'd change is those cable ties on the front forks and chain stay protector for black ones. :p

Frame looks lovely in black and red. :D

Yeah I know Bu they were the only ones I had to hand, but Hopefully Will get some soon.

Does anyone know if I can get a new set of chain rings for the Alivio Chainset as I can only seem to find the new style one with 4 bolt fixing???

RichMTrax":ljc0zdyo said:
Yeah I know Bu they were the only ones I had to hand, but Hopefully Will get some soon.

I was only joking, but it is a shame to spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar. :D

RichMTrax":ljc0zdyo said:
Does anyone know if I can get a new set of chain rings for the Alivio Chainset as I can only seem to find the new style one with 4 bolt fixing???

Should be able to. First check the bolt circle diameter, which will probably be 110mm: http://www.bikeman.com/bicycle-repair-t ... inring-bcd

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=36t+chainrin ... p;bih=1061

Cheers For that, I will Investigate the chain ring BCD, I got impatient to fit Computer on bike but I must admit they look Dreadful, But B&Q is calling to fetch some Ties later.

Cheers

I thought that those chainrings were one piece (welded together?) and would require a specific replacement. If so, look for a replacement chainset and replace the lot.

Well as best I can see without stripping it down the outer ring is separate to the inner two rings, and has hex bolts and sleeve nuts on the inside. but will look into it further before spending cash.

Back