P7 post size and carbon question

reconminicon

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello Retrowers. Question about my olde P7 seat tube size. How big is it? 97 P7. It has a USE shim in it that shims to 25mm. Is this right. Im thinking of putting some USE carbon bars and seat post on it. Not period but hey, that will be up for discussion later. Is it ok to use a carbon seatpost with a shim or is it better to use the whole diameter? Look forward to your advise.

Can't help you on the seatpost diameter, but in my opinion it's always better to get the right size seatpost for your seat-tube, carbon or otherwise.
If the manufacturer (such as USE) specify that a shim can/must be used then fair enough.

Great link thankn you. 27.2+shim can never remember the frame coming with a shim. Or is it refering to the Orange seatpost that maybe used the shim! This still isnt the internal size of the tube is it. Hmmmm

Pretty sure they come from the factory with 29.6 to 27.2 shim as standard . :D

Cheers Paul

Hi mate
just to confirm that the one on mine which is a 97 /98 is 29.6 to 27.2 :D

cheers Paul

Want to sell it. Haha. Cheers Paul. I've put a shout in the wanted section but not holding my breath. Doubt I will get one from Bike Scene either. Fingers n stuff crossed.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yea I was looking at them. It has an old USE shim in it to 25 but I was wanting to put a USE carbon post in it and are easier to come by in the 27.2. Hmmm

Back