The joys of owning a Retrobike

I get a lot of people that look as I ride round on old bikes, especially when I had a fixie, living where I do I know of one other person that has 1 and sometimes see a guy who might be, although could be ss.

Once got stopped and invited round to someone's house riding down a trail on my corsair.

The best by far though is the comments off riders of modern kit that are shocked if you can keep upmor even overtake them, lol

tonedeaf101":1cleilxt said:
I find it highly amusing when bike shops show pure ignorance over older kit. New does not mean better!
Most of the admiring glances my bike gets are from balding men in their late 30's early 40's and the odd MILF.

They can also be just as clueless about modern stuff too.

As a woman I'm looking for the attention from the odd FILF when I ride my bike :D

Alison

Don't you think that its an indication of the patriarchal nature of society and this forum, that to see female engagement in this topic appears far more risque than comments made by male contributors?

Discuss

Isaac_AG":pju03ygg said:
tonedeaf101":pju03ygg said:
I find it highly amusing when bike shops show pure ignorance over older kit. New does not mean better!
Most of the admiring glances my bike gets are from balding men in their late 30's early 40's and the odd MILF.

As a woman I'm looking for the attention from the odd FILF when I ride my bike :D

Alison

:LOL:

Anyway, off to do the hoovering and put the washing out before Mrs HM gets home.

Risking returning to the topic,
I got a weird comment at a sportive: "why did you put all that old Campag stuff on that new frame?"
Err, it's a 20 year old Litespeed, it's just not changed!

On retro MTB's I think an ancient Lava Dome goes with my Grumpy Old Man persona...

Isaac_AG":3pva7hf0 said:
tonedeaf101":3pva7hf0 said:

Alison

May you get muchos attention.
Tasty bike is a good ice breaker ;-)

Back