The joys of owning a Retrobike

Re: The joys of owning a Retrobike - jealousy??

I phoned an LBS last year, after some ceramic pads. Spotty oik went away for a while, and came back to tell me there were no such things!

Re: The joys of owning a Retrobike - jealousy??

Chopper1192":lz1ixy84 said:
jonnyboy666":lz1ixy84 said:
i love taking old stuff in to the shops, i stopped somewhere on my muddy fox a while ago, got loads of attention (it is mint though).

a while ago in london i was riding around (lost) caught up with 2 guys at some traffic lights who were riding together, one was on an alpinestars almega with dx through out but a bit messy, the other was one a modern trek full suss, i said "nice almega mate" the guy on the trek looked really disappointed that i didn't mention his top end bike :LOL:
That's because he was on a Trek, not a top end bike.

hehe!!! :p

...I get some strange looks and the odd "thats cool" from those in the know...and one burly looking dog walker who I passed recently on my Team Marin said:

"...errr thats very errr pink mate!"

I replied "Yeah it is but I think I can pull it off!"

I heard him muttering to himself as I peddled way something about being bloody brave! :roll:

My bike gets lots of attention.
Giant CFM3 from around 93.
People always ask what is it!? They think its a unique modern bike, not realising its 20 years old!

Went into my LBS and got talking. They had a MF Rock n Roll FS frame on the wall of their workshop in a shocking (geddit) state that they thought was worth the effort for curiosity value. Were amazed to hear about mine! They handed round my phone to show pics to youngsters.

Not seen or heard of any others about. Is it that rare? Didn't think so.

I find it highly amusing when bike shops show pure ignorance over older kit. New does not mean better!
Most of the admiring glances my bike gets are from balding men in their late 30's early 40's and the odd MILF.

Anything polished. Girls like shiny stuff :)
There are a few decent ones if you know where to go!
Loads of posh villages in this part of the world.
No rough badgers for the Zaskar ;-)

tonedeaf101":31p8fbcy said:
Anything polished. Girls like shiny stuff :)
There are a few decent ones if you know where to go!
Loads of posh villages in this part of the world.
No rough badgers for the Zaskar ;-)

so whereabouts are you then

Back