Selle Italia date code

latman

Senior Retro Guru
Can anyone tell me what month of manufacture this represents ?

Attachments

• IMAG1201.jpg
    IMAG1201.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 519
I would say possibly February as the 'dot' is the smallest and neatest. Alternatively it was a long time in the making and was matured over several months like a fine wine.

I can guarantee it's not "A" .............I have got some Italian Tar-Ox brakes on my Impreza and trying to get any action out of the Italians in August is a no-no :)

Shaun

Maybe it took them several months... They just kept going back and doing a bit more when they remembered or had time...

Just saw this for the first time, in general this would mean that it was produced in December 1986. The dots represent the various production runs.

6 "processes" spread over 11 months ? surely not ??

1) make the plastic shell 2) fit the rails 3) fit the padding 4) fit the leather covering 5) screw on the plastic bits to the corners 6) put in a box ?

Attachments

• super turbo.jpg
    super turbo.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 440
latman":3nofizk6 said:
6 "processes" spread over 11 months ? surely not ??

1) make the plastic shell 2) fit the rails 3) fit the padding 4) fit the leather covering 5) screw on the plastic bits to the corners 6) put in a box ?

Please read my answer above. The date code means December. Once the dots have been in teh die, you cannot remove them. So since they marked December, there was a production run in December.

ah i understand now , but i don't know why december is such a horribly placed blob . the F , A and G look like simple drill bit tips but after that it gets messy

Back