Orbit Frontier - Wholesome English goodness

Just picked this up, it's now completely stripped.

Will get some pics and frame number up tonight.

Powder coating on Friday hopefully, that'll give them 10 days whilst I am away.

Sort of doing this budget build, but so excited about it all I am paying for things to be done sooner rather than later!

Frame number noted. First digit hard to see but looks like 810190

Bare frame is quite chunky but nit unexpected for a 20" plain reynolds 501. 6lb on the nose.

I'm off for ten days, but did drop this off this morning.

Not sure people will like the colour choice but hey ho, I changed my mind at the last minute.

Looks brighter in the flesh...

Attachments

• RAL-6019-Weissgruen.gif
    RAL-6019-Weissgruen.gif
    662 bytes · Views: 327
mechagouki":xmj75h2t said:
Are you going to add slots to the cable guides - I'd be tempted if you're getting it painted anyway.

Doh, just seen this. Not done anything with it except clean up the chainstays... and now it is being powdercoated..

What's up with the cable guides as they are? :oops: :facepalm:

coomber":caoyva8e said:
mechagouki":caoyva8e said:
Are you going to add slots to the cable guides - I'd be tempted if you're getting it painted anyway.

Doh, just seen this. Not done anything with it except clean up the chainstays... and now it is being powdercoated..

Its easier fitting/removing cables with slotted cable stops, but personally, I'd keep it original.

I had a bedroom painted in a similar colour to RAL6019 in the 1970s! I hope it looks better on your frame than it did in my bedroom! :shock:

So did I in the 90s!

Should be different! Im keeping it so I will have to live with it...

andyz":27edh5vd said:
coomber":27edh5vd said:
mechagouki":27edh5vd said:

Its easier fitting/removing cables with slotted cable stops, but personally, I'd keep it original.

I had a bedroom painted in a similar colour to RAL6019 in the 1970s! I hope it looks better on your frame than it did in my bedroom! :shock:

What he said, and I agree, it would be an alteration to the frame, but non-slotted guides are a bit of a PITA, you'll see ;)

great colour choice :cool:

2440072439_0dd8f53943_z.jpg

Latest posts

Back