early Zaskar owners - seat pin size ??

Antfox":dcssqobu said:
I am in Rugeley but work in cannock at a huge Rc shop , dying to have a look now I now your close :)

No worries - I'll message you when I've got all the bits together and prepped & start the build :)

kingoffootball":6pjruwjd said:
I have an early 1991 Zaskar and it has its original 26.8mm seat post :)

great - thanks for confirming. :)

Looks like I need to find another seat post now...

its best to try the 26.8 first otherwise something might get stuck...

...and it isnt just a reto thing either - people still stuuf the wrong posts down their bikes and even over tighten or ram it in.

I've only just found out my 1994 has a 27.0 mm post I think as the 27.2 post I have a the other option other than the polished rock shox post is too big .

Your 27.0 post do you still have it and what would you want for it ?

Cheers

Ant

Yeah - still got it. It came back from the strippers today though so would need either polishing and lacquering or black passivating.

I was gonna polish it tomorrow actually (along with finishing the rest of the frame etc) so it was ready to sell on sometime.

Wouldn't want a great deal for it really - you're welcome to come and have a look sometime so you can make an offer.

Frame came out from the stripping well BTW.

Ive a 96 and that's 27.2mm shop i know well said go with the largest that fits as did have a 27.00mm orig which slid in quite easy it did lock with bolt also as they can crack round collars if under sized or where it goes through top tube.

Polish time ! Get some mothers polish from the bay , it was recommended by all my vw mates and its amaizing , you use the free micro fibre cloth and it really works. If the frames needs a slight bit of work before then try some 2000 wet and dry .

I may have the frame with me on Saturday when I go to work so ill have to let you know.

The 27.0 rock shox post drops in a treat and the 27.2 is a no go at all unless you force it in which I don't want to do as it needs to be moved up and down. As we have a wheelie challenge planned on cannock chase when a new bridge opens :)

Ant

Latest posts

Back