Bought a bike from a guy at the pub (now with pics)

Re: Bought a bike from a guy at the pub

It's a bit of a parts bin special but there are some nice bits on that. Certainly good for the money.

Not sure what the frame is but the forks and cranks look good.

Re: Bought a bike from a guy at the pub

drystonepaul":3s251bas said:
It's a bit of a parts bin special but there are some nice bits on that. Certainly good for the money.

Not sure what the frame is but the forks and cranks look good.

i literally have no idea about the parts or the frame. it was only when i had it serviced and the guy mentioned it

Cranks are real,cooks e type crank I think later than my rsr ones.
Rim on rear is mavic can't tell what (231 etc)
Silver control tech stem
Frame has a canti guide on the rear so I guess a between 90-95 frame no idea of make,what's the serial number on the frame?
Also rockshox mag21 or such like.
Looks good for £100

Dunno but the XT is almost top of the range, Control Tech make very nice stems, lots of bling bits, can't imagine the cranks aren't genuine, I'd say you did very well indeed for £100.

Frame appears to have been stripped so you might need to post a serial number, though more knowledge folks than I might be able to recognize cable routing etc

serial number is usually stamped under BB shell.

Definitely got your money's worth there, just with cranks and stem!

Frame looks quite good - should be OK polished up.

the frame looks like a generic alloy frame sold by loads of bike shops, normally with thier shop/brand name on . i had one and drilled out the rivets that hold the cable guides to the top tube, and repositioned them on the side of the top tube......it looked like a yeti then....ha ha.
oversize alloy frames were the thing to have in '94/95. all the magazines were full of glossy pics of stuff that was financially out of most peoples range. so the generic alloy frames sold well.

Undoubtedly got your money's worth on parts but before you spend too much time and money on the frame bear in mind that a well used aluminum frame can crack from the stress of repeated use. I don't know if this can be checked, others will know better.

If you're taking it apart anyway you might want to consider researching frame options. Frames can be pretty goof value. (check the for sale thread). lots of people on here(myself included) value steel frames for various reasons.

Back