early Zaskar owners - seat pin size ??

paddy311

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just doing a bit of a pole on this.

My '91 Zaskar project came with a Tioga 27mm seat post. Everything I find on the web tells me that it should have a 26.8mm post.

So....

If you own an early Zaskar - what size is your seat post ?

Also.... general question..

Would it actually be possible to fit a 27mm post in a seat tube designed for a 26.8mm post ?? It was bloody tight getting it out.

All these questions would be redundant by the way, if I invested in some new verniers. I'm using these plastic marketing freebies at the moment :facepalm:

Antfox":1xavikoj said:
I have a 94 and its 27.2 mm

You doing a bike build thread on this zaskar ?

Thanks.

I'll start a thread in the readers rides section when I get the frame back from it's dip and strip and start putting it together.

I bought it planning to strip and sell it all, but I can't bring myself to do it - it's nearly ALL '91 GT catalogue parts. So.... I'm gonna build it up on the quiet, and give it to my dad for his 65 birthday in July. He rides an awful 30 pence Townsend POS to the shops every morning to get his paper - so I figure at 65 he deserves a lighter bike :mrgreen:

Cheers, LGF.

You have a load more experience of old MTB kit than me - whats your view ? Could you stuff a 27mm post in a 26.8mm hole (oo-er) ?

MADJEZ":3j4znedm said:
My 94 has a 27mm, not sure if it's a 26.8 hole but the difference is negligable.

I'm inclined to agree - but I wanted to get a broader view hence the thread.

Anyone else got any comments ?

Back