Fork Advice , please guys, 1998 Marin Team DH .

mrpedigree

Retro Guru
Need some opinions guys, I am tinkering with the idea of replacing the front forks on my Marin Team DH.
There is nothing wrong with the function of the original fork thats on it as they are working fine ,only thing is that the pre load adjuster seems stiff and slightly seized , i would love to get the originals put right but no one seems to think these forks are serviceable in this day an age :(

I am not much of mechanic so wouldn't even attempt some of the advice i have been suggested.
So what do i do ,Do i replace the whole fork for one more serviceable or do i hunt around and see if someone can service the original ?
Is there a fork from around that time more serviceable today than the original ?
Would of preferred to keep the originals tho as this bike has some sentimental memories if i am honest :(
Heres the big bitch below
Picture057.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Lovely bike! I always wanted one in their heyday. At 13 it was a stretch so only could save enough pennies for a B-17. Not far off though.

I knew people that ran boxxer 151's and also some white brothers UD150's. All from the same era of course. I personally love the old x-vert carbons..not for performance but they look great. IMHO the only place you'd come close to being able to service them is Stendec. Dave there has an absolute hord of NOS parts.

Fingers crossed for you!

j3aay":3vyfil8c said:
Lovely bike! I always wanted one in their heyday. At 13 it was a stretch so only could save enough pennies for a B-17. Not far off though.

I knew people that ran boxxer 151's and also some white brothers UD150's. All from the same era of course. I personally love the old x-vert carbons..not for performance but they look great. IMHO the only place you'd come close to being able to service them is Stendec. Dave there has an absolute hord of NOS parts.

Fingers crossed for you!
Stendec ?
Got a link buddy ?
I would prefer to keep her original

The company is called Stendec, their owner has been in the business years and years and massed a huge backcatelogue of parts. He's currently the suspension tuner on site for Giant's WC dh rider Danny Hart. So has some pedigree!

They were the only people that could help (or showed an interest) with doing a full service and tune on my old skool ('9:cool: boxxers. Really helpful.

Give them a google. Their website is stendec-works iirc.

Also, I'm not sure how much the forks are worth to you but you probably won't get much change from £100.

Another worth trying (who services just about any fork-even retro stuff) is RSF Suspension Plymouth. Give them a google too. Their man David is TF Tuned trained and generally very well priced

j3aay":3ln2mq8l said:
Also, I'm not sure how much the forks are worth to you but you probably won't get much change from £100.
I ent bothered on the cost of the service , more important to me to keep it original ,so £100 to do that ent a lot is it :)

Back