Raleigh RSP 853 FRS - Welsh connection p4...

mikee":94qhigis said:
last & project were mentioned at one point .................

Ahem, quite... :oops:

...and it's not like I didn't have enough parts to build this up without any further outlay either!

'AND I've had my second 'Wot' since! :oops:

NeilM":2dqedlqb said:
NICE.

You got a saddle then? ;)

Not for sale I'm afraid, but I just fitted Cane Creek Direct Curve 3's to my Bigfoot and they work well. I did try them on my White Spder, and they looked terrible, much too beefy, but on a fat tube frame they look great.

i have a set of them on my s/s GT ,do clog up a bit in the mud tho

Re: Raleigh RSP 853 FRS - changed my mind, AGAIN!

Now that Spring has finally sprung and the garden has had it's annual SWMBO inspired springclean I thought I'd better do more than just open the shed, regard the contents with a seriously jaded eye and lock it back up again! :oops:

Gone was the recently encroaching inclination to list the whole lot in the 'MTB For Sale' section, thankfully replaced by a sunlight-induced burst of renewed enthusiasm for all things garishly retro and, ahem, wallet-busting! :facepalm:

Perhaps flogging the whole lot wasn't such a bad idea after all!

Anyway, this idea has been bimbling around in the back of my mind for a while now, to the extent that my last eBay purchase was the Ballistic stem you see below; a quick perusal of the bain of my life threw up a black riser bar I liked the look of, at a reasonable price, and it subsequently arrived two days later (yesterday).

Coupled with the Rockshox triple-clamp I picked up for a relatively bargain price (it was wrongly listed as an RST!) the RSP now looks like this...

...which is not a whole lot different to Raleighs original intention but I decided it was high time I had a bike with a riser bar again! :cool:

The next dilemma is whether to run a disk up front or not?? :roll:

That looks rather nice.

When you fitting the rest of the spokes to those wheels?

;)

... :LOL:

Threw a few parts at it this afternoon to see how it might look...

...and I'm quite liking it so far :cool:

Well if it rides anything like my 853 rsp 300 it will be well worth the time and money.

Have to say, after years of riding my diminutive sloping top tube framed XC bikes, it came as a bit of a shock to sling my leg over this and find the top tube snuggling uncomfortably close to my n*ts! :shock:

Me thinks the shake down ride upon completion could turn out to be a rather steep learning curve... :oops:

Yes mines an 18" and its closer than i would like to the old coin purse :LOL:

Well, brake dilemma was short lived...

...have a Direct Curve 2 on the way for the rear and going to fit a BB5 or 7 to the front to make use of the disk mounts :cool:

Back