Your favourite bike from the catalog archive?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Doing a little maintenance work on the retrobike catalog archive and of course eneded up browsing a few of the scanned catalogs we have uploaded...

Having gone through quite a few of the uploads decided this rather handsome Merckx Criterium from the one of the 80s Merckx Catalogs was probably my fave.

7.jpg

Reasons don't extend much further than liking the paint and deltas, do I need more reason :p

So, which is your fave?

Any of the Colnago Masters. :cool: Reasoning is purely subjective - I lusted after one in the early 90's and still do. I'll find one one day, with C-Record throughout. I know they're a bit ubiquitous and the more unusual brands like Zullo and Pegoretti can be more intriguing, but a French bike shop with rows of exotic-paint Masters is one of my defining memories of that era.

I'll have a 1991 Panasonic PR6000 please. I'm a fiend for Tange Prestige and Japanese build quality, so one of these has to be on the list.

Pana18800.jpg

Being a sucker for a bit of 90s British steel, either of these:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 5.jpg.html

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... alogue.pdf

Not sure about the bright green colour on the Raleigh 853 though! In both cases the straight-bladed steel forks look the part, and I was always a big fan of those spearpoint lugs on the later Brigg-built Butlers - frame-wise the Professional that arrived a couple of years after the one in the link was better as it was 853 tubed, but the downside was that didn't come with Campag kit (I'd still like to have bought one, if only for the frameset). Swings, roundabouts, etc....

David

I'll have a 1991 Panasonic PR6000 please. I'm a fiend for Tange Prestige and Japanese build quality, so one of these has to be on the list.

Pana18800.jpg
David B, are you still on the look out for a 1991 Panasonic PR6000? The example I have is in need of some tlc. It's a frame that has been built up with other components - a sakae Litage fx fork, Campagnola components and SACHS new success front cogs. It's a 23 inch /59cm frame (centre bottom bracket to top seat tube lug). I am in England. If you'd like to see some photos I can pm you.

Nice thread resurrection! Happily, in the intervening years I managed to source and ex-TDF team bike which is in the stash awaiting, well resurrection.

post some pics of yours in the for sale section, I’m sure there will interest.

Back